According to the unique assessments of ayurvedic concepts diabetes is the disease which occurs when toxins get accumulated in the tissue and result in circulation blockage. The various root causes of diabetes that ayurveda enlists are poor nutrition and poor digestion, inequity of nervous system, physical and mental stress, and disturbance in natural biological cycle.
The ayurvedic practitioners suggest a variety of natural remedies. Exercise and yoga forms the most effective ayurvedic treatment for diabetes.Ayurveda also prescribes use of certain herbs which can help in curing diabetes. The most important herbs are shilajit, turmeric, neem, amalaki etc.These are considered to be nutritional supplements. They restore balance of those that cause imbalance in your body.
In order to control the functions of liver and pancreas; it is preferable that you take turmeric with aloe Vera, in the early stages of the disease.
Ayurvedic Herbal Remedies for Diabetes
- Intake of bitter gourd or bitter lemon juice daily, in empty stomach.
- Intake of 2 turmeric capsules daily thrice a day.
- Intake of rose apple stones powder twice daily.
- Intake of small amounts of fenugreek, musta, Arjuna, triphala, ajwan, haritaki mixed with ghee.
- Intake of amlaki powder, haldi powder with honey, twice daily.
- Intake of fenugreek, white pepper and turmeric powder with a glass of milk, twice daily.
- Intake of a mixture of bay leaf, turmeric and aloe vera gel, twice daily, before lunch and dinner.
Apart from the above easy and affordable measure there is also another ayurvedic remedy and that is preparation of vasant kusumakar ras.This is quite costly but daily intake of this mixed with honey or cream, checks your blood sugar level.
Following the above medications will definitely lower your blood sugar level. People who depend on insulin will realize that their need for insulin has minimized to a great extent.
The correct diet prescribed by ayurvedic practitioners which would help in reducing your blood sugar level
- It is necessary that you avoid intake of excessive sweets, carbohydrates and diary products.
- You should eat more fresh vegetables and bitter fruits and herbs.
- You must include fried barley, cornflower, porridge, ghee, in your diet.
- Eat more orange and lemons.
- Eat a lot of green vegetables, black gram, soy, fish etc.
Therefore if you want to keep your diabetes under control then you must eliminate those foods from your diet like rice, wheat, sugarcane etc. and also you should not eat too much fat.
Other Ayurvedic Methods to Reduce Diabetes
- Oil massage
- Use of dry ginger and cardamom while taking bath
- Drinking water which is preserved in a copper vessel overnight.
Essential points to remember related to ayurveda
- You should always use proper spices and oils.
- You should eat herbal preparations to improve your digestion
- You should maintain a difference between your meals like breakfast, lunch and dinner
- You should follow a balanced and healthy diet.
- You should also follow the non dietary regiments like Yoga, breathing exercises, and asanas.